Keeping Your Child Safe
‘Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility, every day’.
Our first and foremost priority is to keep your child safe and healthy. Under the new OFSTED framework safeguarding is a key indicator of what constitutes a good school. Keeping your child safe means:
- The health and safety of all children
- Making sure that the adults who work here have undergone safety and security checks
- Protecting children from deliberate harm
- Being an anti-bullying school
- Being proactive against racist behaviour
- Being proactive against attempts to indoctrinate children in to any form of extreme ideology
- Protecting our children from harassment and discrimination
- A positive approach to behaviour management including the use of physical intervention safely, when necessary
- Meeting the needs of children with medical conditions
- Providing first aid
- Protecting children from drug and substance abuse
- Children enjoying safe educational visits
- Caring for children’s personal needs
- Keeping children safe when using the internet and making sure they are aware of cyber bullying.
- Making sure our school is secure and safe
- Being a ‘listening school’.
- Ensuring they know who to go in school if they have a problem